Performancing Metrics

Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Across the Universe by Beth Revis

Title: Across the Universe, Across the Universe #1

Author: Beth Revis

Publisher: Razorbill

Pages: 398

Reviewed by: Sabrina

A love out of time. A spaceship built of secrets and murder.


Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone-one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship-tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.

Now Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.

My Thoughts

After reading Delirium, I've tried to get over my assumption that if a book is popular, it sucks because I'm betting they exaggerated how good the book is. I've started by reading Across the Universe and all I have to say is wow. Just wow. I never read a book like it. I think I loved it too much. I practically stayed up all night just to finish this book. Another book I'm glad is a series because I love it and I have some questions. No, I will not tell you because that would be spoiling the book...except maybe one: When Amy meant final goodbye to Jason, did she mean...? Forget that, I'm just going to talk about a few things.

I think Eldest isn't all that evil-even if he is a douchebag. I just think the truth of the ship and the pressure of being the leader made him mad and twisted him.

I only had two problems with this book: 

1. You'd think that they would've found a way to sedate them first in the beginning.

2. Actually, I don't really think there's much romance on Amy's part. It's only Elder who seems in love.

So, that's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Each comment means a lot to us! We'll try to get back to you here or, if you have one, on your blog!