Performancing Metrics

Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Wake Unto Me by Lisa Cach

Title: Wake Unto Me

Author: Lisa Cach

Publisher: Speak

Pages: 304

Reviewed by: Sabrina

Caitlin Monahan knows she belongs somewhere else. It's what her dead mother's note suggested, and it's what her recurring nightmares allude to.

Desperate to flee these terrifying dreams--and her small town--she accepts a spot at a boarding school in France. Only, when she arrives, her nightmares get worse.

But then there are her amazing dreams, so vivid and so real, with visits from an alluring, mysterious, and gorgeous Italian boy from the 1500s.

Caitlyn knows they are soul mates, but how can she be in love with someone who exists only in her dreams?

Then, as her reality and dream world collide, Caitlyn searches for the real reason why she was brought to this school. And what she discovers will change her life forever.

My Thoughts

I picked Wake Unto Me up at the bookstore today and figured "Why not?" Let's just start by talking about the cover. I thought the guy looked like a zombie-vampire-frankinstein thing, but hey, that's just my opinion. Also, doesn't Caitlin have black hair and Raphael have blond? But the cover is nice though.

Now, let's go to the characters. Raphael reminded me of Jesse (character from Mag Cabot's Shadowland). I kinda thought that he was maybe a bit... obsessed. If Raphael said what he said to Caitlin at the end of chapter 25 to me, I would say "Oookay, now this just entered a whole new level of crazy." When he was going to find the treasure, his motive changed. What happened to freeing and protecting his sisters? Well, love does make you say and do crazy things, I guess. And also, when Raphael was .....in the library...was he really.....? *blush* Forget it. Never mind.

Caitlin is n-u-t-s! At first she wasn't but-never mind. Again. I won't spoil it. And isn't she kinda related to- darn it! It's hard not to put spoilers.

And lastly, the plot. Did anyone other than me get reminded of National Treasure when reading this book? With the the big treasure, hidden clues and the Knights Templar, I just kept thinking about it. There was also this scene in the book similar to The Tell-Tale Heart. The ending was a bit abrupt (I still think the teachers at Chateau de la Fortune are evil and are planning world domination)For romance, I thought that maybe Caitlin should have visited Raphael more before the library scene. It seemed a little fast.

Aside from that, I pretty much enjoyed this book. Other than history being one of my favorite subjects, I absolutely love it when books have them too! I loved the characters and the writing style. I was practically glued to this book to see what would happen next. My cousin had to pry the book out of my hands for me to stop reading. I dreaded turning that last page. Definitely something I would keep on my shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Each comment means a lot to us! We'll try to get back to you here or, if you have one, on your blog!