Performancing Metrics

Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Beastly by Alex Flinn

Title: Beastly

Author: Alex Flinn

Publisher: HarperTeen

Pages: 304

Reviewed by: Sabrina

I am a beast. 


A beast! 

Not quite wolf or bear, gorilla or dog but a horrible new creature who walks upright. I am a monster. You think I'm talking fairy tales? No way. The place is New York City. The time is now. It's no deformity, no disease. And I'll, stay this way forever ruined unless I can break the spell. 


Yes, the spell, the one the witch in my English class cast on me. Why did she turn me into a beast who hides by day and prowls by night? I'll tell you. I'll tell you how I used to be Kyle Kingsbury, the guy you wished you were, with money, perfect looks, and the perfect life. And then, I'll tell you how I became perfectly...beastly.


My Thoughts

It happened again and I want to bang my head against the wall because of it.

I heard this book was great so I put it off until I was bored out of my mind because I thought they were exaggerating and it really sucks. I really hate it when I'm wrong.

In this retelling of Beauty and the Beast, the story is narrated by Kyle (or Adrian, as he prefers). It shows how he became from the handsome jerkass prince of the school to the ugly kind poetry-reading beast who likes to grow and take care of flowers. For those of you who watched Disney's Beauty and the Beast or are familiar with the old story, you may recognize some parts of the story. He, of course, gets his Happily Ever After.

The book is divided into parts. Each part begins with "Adrian" messaging his story to other teens who have been transformed in a chat room. Froggie is the frog prince. Grizzlyguy is the prince from Snow-White and Rose-Red. Silentmaid is from the real Little Mermaid.

The problem I had with this book was that it got a little bit too boring towards the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Each comment means a lot to us! We'll try to get back to you here or, if you have one, on your blog!