Performancing Metrics

Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

What My Mother Doesn't Know by Sonya Sones


Title: What My Mother Doesn't Know

Author: Sonya Sones

Publisher: Simon Pulse

Pages: 259

Reviewed by: Suzanne/Lucky

My name is Sophie.
This book is about me.
It tells
the heart-stoppingly riveting story
of my first love.
And also of my second.
And, okay, my third love too.

It's not that I'm boy crazy.
It's just that even though
I'm almost fifteen
it's like
my mind
and my body
and my heart
just don't seem to be able to agree
on anything.

My Thoughts

Truth be told, I picked up this book for a reading assignment in my English class, merely hoping for a short, somewhat-interesting read.

Boy, was I wrong.

In these two-hundred and fifty-nine pages, there was romance, drama, humor, confusion--all in a poem format! It was interesting and funny, with the whole--wait, I don't want to ruin the entire book for you! Haha!

But, as with every good book, there's something bad with it. In this case, I found it was the lack of character descriptions. Only Murphy and Dylan got any description whatsoever, and that was hair and eye color only for one. Murphy got some description, but what about Rachel? Grace? Sophie's mother? Sophie herself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Each comment means a lot to us! We'll try to get back to you here or, if you have one, on your blog!