Performancing Metrics

Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Title: The Hunger Games, The Hunger Games #1

Author: Suzanne Collins

Publisher: Scholastic

Pages: 374

Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Reviewed by: Sabrina

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she is forced to represent her district in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before-and survival.

My Thoughts

Now I'm sure all of you have heard of The Hunger Games, right? In fact, the casting for the movie has been made. Since there is so much commotion about this book, I decided to reread it. The Hunger Games is great, I know. Almost all reviews I've read have said so. The Hunger Games have sparked a teen interest in dystopia, which is probably why the genre is growing. Ok I'm getting off topic here.

Let me just talk about the characters, since we know that The Hunger Games was "beautifully written, an amazing read, spectacular." I didn't like Katness. I hated Gale right from the start. My favorite character was Peeta. Although, Peeta is sometimes soft. Katness, well, I really, really, really didn't like her. I hated what she did to Peeta in the end. I didn't like that she seemed so emotionless. Basically, as I said before, I just don't like her. The writing style, the story, the emotions and of course, Peeta was enough to make me forget that until I finished reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Each comment means a lot to us! We'll try to get back to you here or, if you have one, on your blog!