Performancing Metrics

Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Wings by Aprilynne Pike

Title: Wings, Wings #1

Author: Aprilynne Pike

Publisher: HarperTeen

Pages: 294

Rating: ★ ★ ★

Reviewed by: Sabrina

Laurel discovers she is a faerie, sent among humans to protect the gateway to Avalon. Thrust into the midst of a centuries-old battle between faeries and trolls, she's torn between a human and a faerie love, as well as her loyalties to each world (sure she is). In this extraordinary tale of magic and intrigue, romance and danger, everything you thought you knew about faeries will be changed forever.

My Thoughts

This book was hard to describe. The only word I could think of was 'interesting'. I thought the plot was a few pages late. Sometimes I would get bored, flip through the pages and say, "M'eh."

Laurel was okay. I related to her a little bit. Her actions and reactions were reasonable. I didn't believe the romance on her part. She really didn't seem 'torn' between two guys. Other than this one time, she treats David more like a best friend than a love interest. She even says so. Overall, Laurel's not my favorite character but ok.

This was probably the first book where I was torn between two guys in a love triangle. I was rooting for David at first but in the end, I found myself rooting Tamani a little bit. I wanted to stick to David but I could resist from liking Tamani just a little.

Everything about Wings was just ok. Fortunately for this book, it was interesting enough for me to want to read the next one.

Quick Question: What's the deal with authors putting Stephanie Meyer's quotes on the cover of their books? I know she wrote Twilight and all but I don't really care about her quote, or any other famous author's quote (no offence). I just care if the plot's interesting to me, not some one liner quote describing how good the book is by a famous author or some guy I don't know. I guess Twilight fans would read it if it was recommended by her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Each comment means a lot to us! We'll try to get back to you here or, if you have one, on your blog!