Performancing Metrics

Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Splendor by Anna Godbersen

Title: Splendor (Luxe #4)

Author: Anna Godbersen

Publisher: HarperCollins

Release Date: 6/29/2010

Pages: 391

Reviewed by: Pat


It’s a new year, and Manhattan’s favorite socialites are stirring up brand-new drama: Elizabeth uncovers a dangerous secret from her past; Diana has an opportunity to follow her heart—and claim her future, Lina discovers money can buy happiness (for a time), and Penelope finds that life without Henry brings unexpected pleasures. In this dramatic conclusion to the bestselling Luxe series, old ties are broken, fresh bonds are formed, and every decision comes at a cost.

My Thoughts

Sorry for not posting for in awhile, I needed to gather my thoughts a bit about the book and I had exams to study. This was supposed to be posted weeks ago, but I had never gotten around to doing it.

I think Splendor has become one of my favorites in the Luxe series besides the third book, Envy. I was mostly excited about reading Diana, Henry, and Elizabeth's plots because their plots were the ones that got me excited to get the book. For me, I felt like not much was happening to Carolina (besides her love for Leland) since a lot of exciting things happened to her in the first three books, so it was kind of a bummer for me. But I found what happened to her towards the end quite exciting. Penelope kind of annoyed me in this one but I felt bad for her at the end. I won't spoil anything, but what happened to her in the ending must have been very humiliating. I would've been embarrassed if something like that happened to me.

I love how Anna Godbersen had written this last book. It was a wonderful conclusion to everything that happened in the series and I love how this whole series made me feel like I was a part of the story. I really did feel like a witness to everything. I was a bit disappointed with the ending to Diana and Henry's storyline but Elizabeth's ending was wonderful. After reading this, the whole series reminded me of a soap opera (and I wish it was). I hope I get to read more of Anna Godbersen's work and I hope that I enjoy her other work.


3 comments:

  1. I really need to pick up this series, because it really does sound great! I'm so glad you liked this installment as well. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Rebecca: Thanks! It really is a great read. I can't wait to know your thoughts about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I've nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award! You can check out the post on my blog:
    http://queenofteenfiction.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/ive-won-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Each comment means a lot to us! We'll try to get back to you here or, if you have one, on your blog!